10 cups self raising flour
500g Rama margarine
250ml coconut (optional)
250ml cake mix raisins (optional)
2 cups of sugar
5 tablespoons of vanilla essence
2 and 1/2 cups of milk
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat your oven to 200ºC. Then combine the flour with salt.
2. Then add in the butter and mix it into the flour using your hands and then add raisins , sugar and coconut.
3.Whisk the egg and combine it with your milk and vanilla essence Then gradually mix this in with your butter and flour mixture using your hands Make sure not to over work your dough.
4. Prepare a smooth work surface with a light dusting of flour and pat the scone dough to a thickness of about 2 cm, again making sure not to overwork the dough.
5. Using circular cookie cutter , stamp out your scones and places them onto a greased baking tray
6. pop them into the oven and leave them to bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Credit: Cooking with Metjie