You won’t believe how light and fluffy these 1 hour cinnamon rolls are! They’re quick, easy and incredibly delicious!
Ingredients and Directions
1. Mix and let sit for 15 minutes:
3 1/2 c. warm water
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. oil
6 T. yeast (4 1/2 Saf-Instant)
2. Then add:
1 T. salt
10 1/2 c. flour
3. Mix together for 10 minutes, then sit for 10 minutes.
4. Oil cupboard (don’t use flour), dump out dough. Divide in half.
5. Press one half out into rectangle. Spread with ¼ c. melted butter and then with cinnamon-sugar mixture. 6. Roll up tight, but not too tight.
7. Divide into 12 rolls and place on greased cookie sheet.
8. Repeat with other half of dough. Let rise.
9. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 400.
1 c. sugar
1 T. cinnamon
1 cube butter
2 dashes salt
2 t. vanilla
6 c. powdered sugar
I always add a “hint” of almond extract to the filling… it’s just how my mom always made her filling. Feel free to use only vanilla extract, or only almond extract.
-If you live in a dry place or have trouble with baked goods drying out quickly, you may want to fill a separate 9×13 inch baking dish with boiling water and put in on the lowest rack in your oven right before you proof the rolls (place them in the warm oven to rise). This will ensure that the rolls stay moist and elastic. You will keep the water in the oven until they are baked.