2 tablespoons oil, divided
3 eggs, whisked
8 ounces flank steak, cubed
2 medium carrots, small dice
1 cup broccoli, cut into small florets
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups cooked and chilled rice, (I either use white or brown rice)
3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
• Heat 1 tablespoon of oil into a large skillet.
• Add the eggs and scramble until fully cooked. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
• Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan.
• Add the steak and cook over high heat for 2-3 minutes, just until seared and caramelized on the outside. Remove from the pan and set aside.
• Add carrots and broccoli to the pan and cook until tender, 3-4 minutes.
• Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
• Add in the cold rice and sauté for 3-4 minutes. The rice should brown up a bit.
• Add the eggs and the steak back to the pan and stir in soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes to heat through.
• Serve immediately with sesame seeds for garnish, if desired.
Credit: Easy Recipes