2&1/4tsp active dried yeast
1/3 cup lukewarm water
1 cup lukewarm milk
3 tbsp melted butter slightly cooled
1/4 cup sugar
4 cups flour
1 tsp salt
Melted butter for basting rolls
Coarse salt ( optional )
1) combine yeast and water in the bowl of your mixer and let it sit for 10 minutes until foamy and bubbling
2) add milk .melted butter and and sugar to the yeast mixture and give it a good stir ( using paddle attachment ) you can also do this bread by hand .. and then add 1&1/2 cups flour to make mrdium batter
3) next add egg, salt and incorporate well , switch to dough hook and with mixer running medium speed add remaining flour, continue to mix for 5 minutes more until dough smooth .
4) sprinkle some flour on the counter and place the dough on top , let it rest for 10 minutes , grease another bowl with oil and place the dough inside, cover with tea towel until dough has doubled in size . About 1 hour or more ( if you do this by hand you need to knead the dough about 10 to 15 minutes until smooth and no longer stick to your hand
5) remove from bowl and punch down place the dough on floured surface , using sharp knife cut the dough into equal size and shape it into small ball ( use scale to make sure bread is even in size or equal in size .) Place the dough into parchment paper lined baking tray let it rest until doubled in size .
6) when the dough has doubled in size baste with melted butter and bake in preheated oven 350F ( 180C) for 15 minutes or until lightly golden in color , then baste again with melted butter and sprinkle salt let it rest in wire rack …
Source: Joy Martin Smyth