Creamy Cucumber Salad is a delicious and refreshing side dish. All it takes is a handful of fresh simple ingredients and 5 minutes. This is the perfect addition to your next summer barbecue!
How to Make Creamy Cucumber Salad?
- Cut up the cucumbers and onion. This can be done by hand or using a mandoline slicer for a precise and consistent thickness.
- Make the dressing- Mix together the Greek yogurt (or sour cream), lemon juice & zest, dill, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Mix together the cucumbers, onion, and dressing.
Why Should I use English Cucumbers?
English cucumbers are preferred because the seeds are smaller. The large seeds in a slicing cucumber cause them to be more bitter. Also, the skin on English cucumbers are thinner, eliminating the need to peel the cucumber.
What Greek Yogurt should I use?
Make sure you it’s PLAIN Greek yogurt. You can use non-fat or full fat, whichever you have on hand or prefer. I like to use the brand FAGE because it’s super smooth and creamy just like sour cream but without all the fat and calories and lots of protein.
4 cups English cucumber thinly sliced (about 2 cucumbers)
1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
1 lemon- zest & juice
1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
1 clove garlic crushed
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Fresh cracked pepper
- Mix yogurt, lemon juice and zest, dill, garlic, salt & pepper together in a small mixing bowl.
- Combine cucumber, onion, and yogurt mixture together and serve.