Baked Zucchini Fries are crispy on the outside with a crunchy, seasoned crust and a tender zucchini inside. It is hard to stop after just one!
How to make Baked Zucchini Fries
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray. Set aside
- Start by cutting your zucchini. Cut off each end. Then cut the zucchini in half and then lengthwise. Set one piece on its end and cut it in half lengthwise. Cut that half in half. Cut that half in half. Stack the planks on top of each other and cut into strips. Lightly sprinkle with salt
- Combine panko crumbs, italian seasoning, and shredded parmesan cheese in a shallow pie dish. Add the flour in a zip lock bag and toss zucchini to coat.
- Whisk the egg together and working in batches dip each zucchini strip into the egg and coat well in panko mixture.
- Set on a the cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 until lightly brown. Can be dipped in marinara sauce, ranch, or your favorite dipping sauce.
How do you slice zucchini fries?
Start by rinsing off the zucchini under cool water. Cut off the ends on each side of the zucchini, Cut the zucchini in half, lengthwise. Then slice it into 3 or 4 long strips. Repeat and cut into 2 thinner strips. If they are too long, then cut those in half for the perfect length.
Do you peel zucchini before slicing it?
You do not need to peel zucchini before slicing it. I prefer to leave the skin on the zucchini for that added crispy texture.
What sauce is good for dipping zucchini fries in?
- Marinara Sauce
- Creamy Honey Chipotle Dip
- Chipotle Ketchup
- Cilantro Lime Ranch
- Spicy Mayo
3 small zucchini or 2 large
1 cup panko crumbs
2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup flour
Fresh chopped parsley for garnish